Civil Division
Civil cases involve a lawsuit in which one party sues another to:

  • Recover money or property.
  • To enforce a contract.
  • To collect damages for injury.
  • To protect some civil right.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a limited civil case?
What is an unlimited civil case?
What is a Delay Reduction (DR) case?
What is the fee for filing a civil case?
Are any of the forms for filing or responding to a civil case available online?
How Can I Respond to a Civil Complaint?
What is a Demurrer?
What is a Motion to Strike?
What is Discovery?
Can A Case Be Settled Out of Court?
Where can I get further information on the rules and procedures relating to civil cases?

Contact Information:

The Civil Division of San Benito County Superior Court handles all General Civil, Small Claims, Name Change, Probate (Non-Guardianship), Unlawful Detainers and Civil Appeals.

Superior Court of California,
San Benito County
450 Fourth Street
Hollister, CA 95023
Office hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Phone: (831) 636-4057


© 2016 Superior Court of San Benito County